Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tips for a traveling Mom

Tips for a traveling mom

Sometimes family gets reduced to just 2 as in my case most of my vacations I go see my mom with my little body extension named Lucas we take 2 planes one that is about hour and a half and the other that is 11 hours not to mention the time you have to expend in the airports

1.Never take a big car seat even it says is regulation size will not go through the scanners in some airports

2.Keep packing to the minimum and for your back sake take a stroller even if you have a toddler they get tired of walking in a hurry and strapped down is the safest way.(usually big backpack and stroller will do id the ones that go together with car seat even better)

3.Pack a week ahead and have the documents in your backpack in a secure place not the outside pocket but handy

4.Try to get flights that have at least 2 hours if not more difference platoon waiting ;moving with a little one is difficult and if you traveling outside the country you will have to check out and check back in all your luggage’s right there don’t be afraid or embarrassed of getting help there is people there for that.

5.You can never pack too many wipes you will need them and some more

6.Never no matter what drink water from another place even boiled stick to mineral water sometimes even there is nothing wrong with the water just the balance can make you badly sick  I don’t know about you but I try to keep my visits to the doctor to minimum .

7.Get one of the baby/toddler favorite toy plus a couple he doesn’t know yet and a colorful book I also carry a mp3 and movie player with cartoons carry extra battery and save the electronic device as the last resort

8.Take Pacifier or bottle or zippy cup and give right before the plane takes off to help the ear ache.

9.Research before travel about the shot necessary and the common diseases where you are going if your child is allergic to certain diapers do a lot more research happen to me that the very same pampers diapers were completely different and so much expensive if I knew before hand I would probably pack the  whole case with diapers.

10.Many moms like me sometimes don’t have a choice vacations is not just for relaxing but for meet with family enjoy good times and spread some love.

It is so nice to see the face of my mom when she sees her grandson once every 2 years that all the packing and  travel fussing comes to pass right then We are blessed in so many ways


Maria Laura Kinard
The Spanglish Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment